Thursday 21 March 2013

Noah & The Whale: There Will Come a Time

"And I've got to say... well done. Not many people have done what you guys have done y'know."

Noah & The Whale are back, and it looks live they've swapped their velvet suits for police uniforms as they reveal their new album and film. There Will Come a Time gives us a glimpse into the Orwellian "Teenland", a detention centre for all teens (not half as fun as the theme-park imagery I had in mind).

The single itself isn't half as catchy as L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N., the first single they released from Last Night on Earth, but as always it's going to be a case of locking myself in a room with the album once it's out before I can really make a judgement. What with a chameleon-type attitude, it seems that every album has its own style twist, with Heart of Nowhere being no exception.

For now though, it seems this new direction is a cross between Last Night on Earth and Arcade Fire's Scenes from the Suburbs. For me, I'm pretty sure the beautiful film accompaniment to The First Days of Spring will remain my favourite, but I'm still excited to see how this new film plays out! Looking forward to the full release!

No comments:

Post a Comment